- By Teresa Greenfeld –
There is nothing worse than walking into a cocktail party and seeing seven different versions of your outfit. After all, we get the same bulleted list of trends every season (“The Color of the Moment!” “The 5 Items You Must Buy This Season!”). Furthermore, we’ve all been told to follow the same “rules” (The little black dress with a “pop” of whatever that au courant accessory/color/shoe happens to be). I’m surprised we don’t all have identical closets.
Of course, I may be exaggerating just a tad, but only in the hopes of getting all aspiring fashionistas of the world to go further than just taking trends at face-value. Turn them around, upside-down, left and right. Leave the little black dress in the closet, and instead pair the little black necklace with a winter white blazer and cigarette pants. Throw your hair up in a perfectly messy bun, slip into a daringly short, billowy nude dress and put on the little black earrings. Trends? You set them, darling.
1. Tom Binns Swarovski Necklace, $2135
2. Aurélie Bidermann Ulysse Gold Plated Braided Necklace, $1275
3. Topshop Premium Gunmetal Spike Collar, $100
4. Mawi Faceted Onyx and Skull Necklace, $625
5. Alexis Bittar Otto Gold Earring, $295
6. Finn Angel Wing Earrings, $3400
7. Rebecca Cashmere Devil Earrings, $420 Rebecca.it for stores
8. Elizabeth Cole Black Bacall Earrings, $233
9. Jemma Wynne 18k Prive Drop Earrings, Price Upon Request
10. Marti Agassi Cristy Earrings, $65